Patient Portal Button
(847) 473-4357
Banner and Title

Behavioral Health Center

Contact Us
Main Content

Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.     •     Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.        Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.       

830 West End Court, Suite 400, Vernon Hills, IL 60061     •     (847) 247-6910

The Behavioral Health Center is staffed by psychiatrists (medical doctors who treat emotional and behavioral issues, sometimes with medication), psychologists (doctors who provide therapy services), and counselors (master’s level  dedicated to helping patients restore peace of mind to everyday living. Our behavioral health specialists listen to your concerns and work with you to determine the course of treatment that will be most effective based on your needs and desired outcomes; this may mean counseling, or medication, or possibly a combination of both. We offer outpatient services to patients of all ages – children, teens, and adults – and are expert in a variety of areas, including but not limited to: anxiety disorders, ADHD, behavioral and conduct disorders, depression, learning disabilities, psychological testing , and women's mental health issues.

Where to Start
Not sure what type of behavioral health provider to ask for? Not to worry – we’ll help you answer that question when you register as a new patient. Below is a brief overview of the behavioral health professionals available to help you at Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinics.

A psychiatrist is a medical doctor (MD) who has completed training in medical school and specialized training in the area of psychiatry. In general, psychiatrists will help you understand emotional and behavioral issues from a medical perspective. This often includes prescription medications to help you feel better. By law, anyone known as a psychiatrist must be a medical doctor trained in this specific area.

A psychologist is a doctor who provides therapy (counseling) services. Psychologists have completed four years or more of graduate training to earn a Doctorate (PsyD or PhD) in areas such as clinical or counseling psychology. Psychologists receive specialized training in understanding how the mind operates, and can assist you in identifying and working toward resolving the root causes of emotional and behavioral issues. In order to do so, a psychologist may work with you in therapy, or administer psychological testing to help identify issues. By law, anyone known as a psychologist must be licensed by the state to provide you with these services.

Licensed Counselors and Clinical Social Workers
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors (LCPC) and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) are counseling professionals who hold a master’s degree in counseling or social work. In order to become licensed, state law requires these individuals to complete thousands of hours of clinical work under supervision prior to receiving a license to work as a counselor. Licensed counselors and clinical social workers help patients develop strategies for addressing issues of concern based on each patient’s individual needs.